- Mutual Funds
- Educational IRA
- Brokerage Accounts
- Government Securities
- Retirement Accounts
- Fixed Annuities
- Roth IRA
- SEP IRA
- Simple IRA
- Traditional IRA
- Variable Annuities
- Common Stock
A ROADMAP FOR YOUR FINANCIAL JOURNEY
One of the benefits of working with us is our ability to provide clear, easily understood explanations of complex financial concepts. We provide you with a detailed roadmap to follow on your financial journey that gives you a clear picture of how you are progressing towards your goals.
One of the more important financial goals you will ever plan for is a secure retirement. It's essential to make the appropriate decisions about your retirement plan assets before and after you retire.
Using your personalized roadmap as a guide, we can assist you with:
- Navigating the ever-changing and often confusing landscape of qualified plans and other investment vehicles and helping you decide which options are appropriate for you.
- Evaluating your current retirement plan, including your existing savings and choices of employee-sponsored pension or retirement accounts.
- Structuring your investments to help meet your long-term goals, time horizon, and risk tolerance.
- Planning for additional savings by setting up regular contributions to an IRA or other qualified or non-qualified savings plan.
Investments can play a key role in your financial security plan. For individuals, a mix of registered and non-registered savings, income and pension plans can help achieve short- and long-term goals. For employee groups, we can offer advice on registered and non-registered savings and pension plans.
- Registered retirement savings plans and Registered education savings plans
- Segregated fund policies
- Group retirement and savings plans
A registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) has several advantages. For investors under 72, it can allow tax-deferred compound interest and help accumulate savings to achieve long-term retirement goals. It also allows for a variety of choice of specific investment options. For families with children, a registered education savings plan (RESP) can help finance post-secondary education.
Some of the advantages of RRSPs and RESPs include:
- Tax-deductible RRSP contributions
- Tax deferral of compounding income and growth
- Based on a family’s net income and the amount contributed, a government RESP grant is available
- When money is withdrawn from an RESP, the student typically pays little tax, due to a low income tax rate
Working together, we can examine RRSP and RESP investment options in order to build a customized portfolio that takes into consideration your financial security goals, tolerance to risk and timeline. Contact us today to find out more.
In a segregated fund policy, professional fund managers invest in a variety of individual securities. Depending on the performance of the segregated funds you select, your investment’s unit values will increase or decrease.
As a form of life insurance, it’s important to note that segregated fund policies have distinct advantages for some investors. These can include:
- Potential for creditor protection
- Savings on potential probate fees
- No trustee fees
As a Financial Security Advisor, we have access to a wide variety of segregated funds. Contact us today to discuss how they might strengthen your investment portfolio, and to receive an information package about segregated funds.
Note that any amount allocated to a segregated fund may increase or decrease in value, and is invested at the risk of the policyholder.
For business owners, group retirement and savings plans can play a key role in attracting and retaining quality employees.
Just like you, your dedicated employees are working towards a safe, secure future. Either provided independently or paired with group benefits, a group savings plan is a convenient, flexible and affordable way to help your employees reach their long-term financial goals.
Employees gain instant tax savings for their Group RRSP contributions, since they are made using pre-tax payroll deductions. They also receive the peace of mind that comes from knowing every month they are building towards retirement.
We can help you and your valued employees choose group retirement and savings products. We will design an investment plan tailored to fit the needs of everyone involved. Choose from products like:
- Registered retirement savings plans designed specifically for groups
- Deferred profit sharing plans
- Defined contribution pension plans
- Non-registered savings programs
Contact us today to learn about how group retirement and savings plans can benefit your business.